That’s running reliable
Bulk handling EMO
Construction of Gantry Crane 5
After various reference visits, EMO decided to award the contract for the electrical installation for
Gantry Crane 5 to TES Industrial Systems.
Gantry Crane 5 is an 85 ton gantry crane (the biggest of its type in the world) and was largely manufactured in Poland. TES carried out 60% of the assembly stage in Poland, and the other 40% was completed at the Maasvlakte in the Netherlands.
The hardware and software engineering, panel construction and preparation for commissioning were completed by TES Industrial Systems in Oosterhout. The software for both the crane as well as the bunker installation were fully tested in WinMOD.
The S7-400F-PLC forms the heart of the gantry crane’s control unit and the motors are controlled by frequency converters from the Sinamics range. The hoisting capacity alone is over 3 MW. A total of over 7 MW of power was installed. Roughly 60 control panels were installed in three electrical rooms. We installed a total of about 56 kilometres of cables. “In short, an installation that stands out above the rest”.
Gantry Crane 5 was successfully put into production and handles a unloading capacity of 10 million tons a year.
The close collaboration with EMO and the trust that arose resulted in EMO awarding us a following contract to overhaul gantry crane 4. The electrical installation of gantry crane 4 was completely renewed; gantry crane 5 formed the basis for this new installation.